Working from home is not simple for anyone, but for teachers across the world, it’s a serious organizational challenge. This profession must be interactive, as teaching involves personal communication with up to 30 students at a time. Multiply that for all of your Google Classroom classes, and it’s not uncommon to be working with several hundred students every week.
Though Google Classroom technology will never be able to replace the physical experience of standing at the front of a classroom or lecture hall, online teaching, collaboration, and video software are upgrading all the time.
One of the best online educational tools is Google Classroom. Dubbed “Mission Control for Teachers”, Classroom allows teachers to share materials, set assignments, grade work, and provide feedback to students all from a single central platform.
It has a bunch of great features but one downside is that there’s no inbuilt Google Classroom attendance tracking function.
We believe you have just started teaching on Google Classroom, and you have set it up for all the lessons. The students started pouring in thanks to the class code that you provided. The matter is how does one keep track of who is participating and completing assignments. We are here to help you in ways on how you can take attendance in google classroom to overcome this obstacle.
Take Google Classroom Attendance
Google Classroom provides you with student details automatically once they sign up for your courses. Therefore, knowing it is very easy to track how many students are ready for taking the lesson is quite simple. Let’s show you ways you’ll actually count how many students are literally participating in your classes and discussion sessions.
For this, you will have to follow these step by step procedure given below
- First of all, you have to open your class and then sign in.
- Navigate to your courses and find the appropriate class and open it.
- In the event it has been set up correctly, You will be able to see a full list of students for the assignments and lessons.
- After this, you need to go to Classwork tab and click the ‘Create’ button
- You can now set an assignment or question. Like ask who is in attendance in your own creative way to get their attention.
- Try to do this a few minutes ahead of schedule, and again just before class starts.
- You should start seeing the students’ replies. It’s best if you issue a classroom policy whereby these responses are mandatory. When the names appear, you can record them on your attendance sheet.
Hope this article helps with the solution on how to take attendance in google classroom. In case you find this article beneficial, then share it across your contact and support us.