While the default Instagram Reels length 15 seconds, you will be able to record videos up to 30 seconds. On the other hand, one story video can only be 15 seconds long. This suggests that if you add a reel (longer than 15 seconds in length) to your story it will only show 15 sec of the video on your story. Your viewers got to tap the story to look at the reels video within the Reels section. And if you save an extended reel from the story then only the primary 15 seconds of video is saved to your camera roll.
Today here in this article, we will explain to you how to post full reels on Instagram as a step by step procedure.
How to Share Longer Reels on your Instagram Story
Follow these step by step procedure to share longer reels on your Instagram Story
- First of all, you have to install the “Instagram Media Saver” shortcut on your mobile number.
- You can also click this link to do that and then hit the “Add Shortcut” button.
- This shortcut allows you to save reels, stories, photos, and videos quickly from the application directly to Photos on iOS.
- After this, open your “Reels” that you would like to post as a story. In order to see your reels, you have to click on the Reels tab.
- Now, click on the ellipsis button (3-dot icon) available on the bottom-right corner of the reel on app.
- In the next step, tap on “Share to…” option and then choose “Instagram Media Saver” from the Share sheet.
- After this, click OK when you see the banner “Shortcuts would like access to Shortcuts”.
- You need to give all the necessary permissions for this shortcut by selecting “Always Allow” shortcut permission on iOS.
- Once your reel video get saved to the Photos app, open you app and create a new story.
- On this, swipe up on the screen and select the downloaded Reel.
- (Note: Your reel no longer be 15 seconds otherwise it will be segmented into two clips.
- Optional: Add any effects, stickers, or text to the reel video if you want.
- Next, click “Next” and then hit the “Share” option available next to Your Story to share the complete reel on your story.
- In the end, you will be able to check the Viewers list of your story to see who all people viewed the reel.
We hope you are provided with how to share longer reels on your Instagram story. If you find this article beneficial, then share this article with your friends and support our website.