Locking a folder is the best way to protect your secret and personal files from third party people. If you don’t need to show these folders to others then simply lock it on Windows 11.
So how can we do it? Is there any guide from the official Microsoft company to lock a specific folder in Microsoft Windows 11 Operating System.
Here is a specific guide about how to protect your files and folders from watching eyes while accessing your Windows 11 device.
Microsoft Windows 11 Folder Lock
This method is only for personal use not for your enterprise or business use because those of them are public. You can’t protect all files from Windows 11 but we can lock the folders that are created by ourselves. 100% Guaranteed.
1. Open File Explorer from Windows 11. Here we are going to use this app to find the folders easily.
2. Select the files and folders that you want to lock and right-click on it.
3. From the drop down menu, select “Properties”.
4. Once Properties opened then it shows Advanced Attributes Menu
5. There you need to click “Advanced…”
6. Choose the settings for your folder and access “Compress or Encrypt attributes”.
7. From there you have to checkbox the option named as “Encrypt contents to secure data” and click OK.
8. An encryption warning occurs once you click the Ok button and from there you have to encrypt the entire folder. So click the Ok button again and it brings you back to the Properties section.
9. Finally click “Apply” to make changes and click Ok to verify the entire folder.
10. That’s it. Folders are locked now. You can check your lock details by accessing “Details” and there you’ll find your encryption certificate and encrypted folders.
Reversing the encryption process in Windows 11 is simple as you think, like again accessing “Properties > Advanced…” and uncheck the “Encrypt contents to secure data” under “Compress or Encrypt attributes” and click Ok to confirm changes on that folder.
Just remember this method is quick and effective for personal use not for your enterprise section. While using Shared PC this method will protect some of your files and folders from the people that are frequently trying to access your file. Nothing changed from Windows 10 OS but Windows 11 is really awesome. If there is any change made in future we will update those changes here within an hour.