PhonePe (An app of Flipkart) is an UPI platform through which you will be able to transfer money from your bank account to others. For this you have to create an account there. Here in this article, we will provide you a way on how you can create a new account on PhonePe in a step by step procedure.
First, you should download and install PhonePe application on your mobile phone, for this, you need to have the following things
- A good internet access
- Bank account that is linked with the UPI through the app.
- Mobile number registered with your bank account.
Before getting straight into account creation. Let us first know What is UPI?
The full form of UPI is Unified Payment Identification Number. It has a 4-6 digit secret code that lets you transfer money. You can use UPI 24/7, anywhere and anytime.
Now, let’s see how to create a PhonePe account in a step by step process.
Open PhonePe Account
- First, go to Google Play Store or Apple App Store and download the PhonePe app.
- Once you download the app, install it on your device.
- Open the app and verify your number by entering your number in the given space.
Note: you have to enter the number that is registered with your bank account.
After this, fill in details shown to you like Name, email address and then create a 4-digit password and activate your wallet.
Apart from this, if you need to delete the Phonepe account permanently from your mobile phone, you can follow the below steps
How to Delete PhonePe Account
- Open the Phonepe app on your mobile phone.
- Go to the option “My account” and scroll down until you see “Help” option
- Click on it and then select the other topics and hit on the PhonePe account.
- Once you are done selecting the account, choose deleting an account option.
- Now in the end, click on the contact us option.
- In the space provided, type “I want to delete Phonepe account”.
- You are asked to enter the reason why you are deleting the account, give a valid reason.
- Once verification is done by the respective team, your Phonepe will be deactivated within 2-3 days.
- Once this is done, click on the creating new Virtual Private Address (VPA).
- Choose your bank account that you would like to link and the system itself fetches all other details.
- Now, tap on confirm
That’s it, you have created your PhonePe account successfully, now, you will be able to send or receive money with this app very easily.
How to Add a Bank Account on PhonePe
- Open the app and then open the menu by tapping on the icon available in the right corner of your screen.
- Go to the section “bank account” and then hit the ” Add New Bank ” button.
- Choose the bank that you would like to link from the list that is shown to you.
- The PhonePe app then fetches the account details automatically and then links it to your account.
- In the next step, you are asked to create a UPI PIN, for this you need to tap on the set UPI PIN button.
- Fill in your card details like
- Last six digits of your Debit/ATM card number
- Expiry Date
- Now, enter the OTP that you get on your mobile and set your UPI PIN.
Your bank account will be added with your PhonePe account successfully, now you can make transactions hassle free.
With the PhonePe application, you will be able to make make payments by three methods
- Linked Bank account
- UPI Debit / Credit Card
- Using PhonePe wallet
Steps to Transfer Money via PhonePe
- Open PhonePe application on your mobile phone.
- Go to the ‘Send’ option and enter the payee VPA in the given space.
- Fill in the transaction amount.
- Select the bank account from which you want to send the money.
- Check all the details once and hit the “Send” button.
How to Remove Bank Accounts from PhonePe
- Open the PhonePe app and go to my account section.
- Tap on bank accounts and you will see all the accounts linked by you.
- Click on the account that you want to delete and you will see a pop-up
- Here click on unlink option and your bank account will be delinked from the PhonePe account.
We hope we have provided enough information about the PhonePe mobile application. Follow our website to get more content on how to and other stuff.