Friends, today here in this article, we will provide you information on how to change your gmail profile picture on an Android phone. As we all know, the majority of the people on this planet have Android smartphones. So they will surely have Google or Gmail identity.
One has credentials with which they will be able to log in to his/her Gmail account. For this, they have to create a Gmail profile by putting a very pretty picture. If your intention is to change the Gmail profile picture, then let us move on.
Change Gmail Profile Pic on Android
In case you are using an earlier version of the Android operating system (earlier than Android 5.0 – Lollipop), follow these steps below
- Open your gmail account on your Android smartphone.
- After this, tap on the gear icon available on the top right corner of your Gmail inbox.
- Scroll down to the menu and hit “Settings” (near the middle) of the drop-down menu.
- On the Settings page, click on the “General” tab on the upper-left corner.
- In the end, hit the blue “Change picture” link above your thumbnail.
If you have done all the above steps, then you will see your profile picture changed. This step varies for later versions of the Android operating system. Don’t worry, we will explain to you the steps to change profile picture on Gmail. On the Gmail Android App, your profile picture appears as a small icon. In order to view the current Gmail profile picture, then follow the below steps
Android Gmail Profile
In your Android phone open the Gmail mobile app. If you’ve got only the Gmail account configured, the Gmail profile picture would be displayed. If not, proceed to the subsequent step.
Tap the three bars within the top left of the Gmail app to mention the menu list. you ought to be ready to see all the mail accounts that are configured within the Gmail mobile app of your Android smartphone.
Select the Gmail account that you would like to ascertain the profile picture. The Gmail profile picture is going to be displayed.
Take an honest check out the profile picture and see if it must be changed because once you Add, Change or Remove profile picture on Gmail for Android phones and devices, it’ll affect all of your Google accounts on every device and platform. If you’ve got made up your mind that your Gmail profile picture has got to be changed, then read through
To change the Gmail profile picture using the HangOuts app, following these simple steps:-
- Open Hangouts App on your Android device.
- Tap the hamburger (three line) icon on the highest left then tap the Settings option.
- Tap the account you’d wish to change the profile photo.
- Change your personal gmail profile picture on android.
- Tap the Profile Photo option then select the Take Photo or Choose Photo. Choose photo to update the gmail profile picture
- Your new Google profile picture is updated and would be utilized in all the Google services.
If the above steps don’t work, try creating a contact for yourself called “ME” or updating it with the telephone number, email address and latest profile picture. This step is believed to possess resolved issues wherein the profile picture in Gmail doesn’t get changed even after repeated attempts.